Saturday, December 18, 2010

Module 6 - Creating content

I was pretty scared going into this module, probably because I wanted my project to be great. Consequently, I put too much pressure on myself, and procrastinated a bit, and then life ensured that I finished late. I would have been better off to take the plunge early, and then improve as needed.

I had used audacity before, and I've done lots of studio work recording, so I wanted to try something different. I used Jing to dub my power point presentation on the Canadian economy. I could have done the whole thing in power point, but that I wanted to learn something new. I had some technical challenges with my recording level, and I was using a new (cheap) microphone, which I will replace. In the end, it was done, but ingloriously.

I would like to try out the Prezi application. I can see that you have to be careful about inducing motion sickness and vertigo in your audience, but I see tremendous value in the zooming in and out, as it allows you to create a mind map of the topic, and then drill down in the various sub-topics. All the while, the learner does not lose track of the context. I have an idea for my economics course which will involve a Prezi presentation overdubbed with Jing. All things in time.

No comments:

Post a Comment