Saturday, December 18, 2010

Module 5 - Ready made content

Wow, there is so much stuff out there. I think I am like many people in that I find a few places to research, a reliable place to go to find something, and then I stop looking into the "wild". This module forced my eyes out, and helped me to cast a broad net, resulting in feeling a little overwhelmed, knowing that I could never possibly drag my catch into the boat, as there is just too much to look at it.

One simple library, the Khan academy (http://www.khanacademy.com), has so much material that I can use as mini lessons. It was a great breakthrough for me to realize that if I could find 3 minutes of content, that I could put it to good use (even in a traditional class), and then augment with other material. The analogy I would use is that of sewing a quilt .. each square has its story to contribute to the whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment